The IELTS Test is conducted to estimate people’s ability to read, write and speak English. It also establishes someone’s ability to listen to spoken English. It is a mandatory certificate for students as well as professionals if they intend to work in an English speaking country.OET stands for Occupational English Test. It is an international English language test that assesses the language proficiency of Medical professionals who seek to register and practice in an English-speaking environment.
Shortly OET and IELTS these two is the test that tests the language proficiency of English with the same pattern in a different scenario with diverse Syllabus. Passing one of these Tests are mandatory to work or to enter as a student in English speaking Countries with respect to their terms and conditions.
OET and IELTS these two is the test that tests the language proficiency of English with the same pattern in a different scenario with diverse Syllabus. Passing These Tests are mandatory to work or to enter as a student in English speaking Countries with respect to their terms and conditions.
Below given are some main difference between OET and IELTS.
- IELTS can be opted for any students to pursue further PG Course overseas whereas OET is not accepted for education in overseas universities.
- IELTS has more date options while OET has one date per month to book exam dates.
- There Is a high difference in the fees, OET fees is thrice that of IELTS.
- Coaching fees are high for OET compared to IELTS coaching.
- Attempts of Examination in case of failure in IELTS is again fresh and new to gain required band score. While for OET one module attempts can be taken to pass the exam.
- IELTS Scores are in the band like 7 or 8 but OET scores are given in grades like A or B.
- IELTS is an option for non-skilled labors, for example, engineers, who intend to migrate or work abroad in the foreign country, however, OET is only for work purpose for skilled labors like Doctor, Nurses, Dentists etc.
- OET has only 40 centers as examination center while IELTS has more than 1100 centers in 40 countries all over the world.
- IELTS tests only the English language under the flexible situation of candidates with vivid topics in Exam but OET tests English under specific occupation only.
- Passing rate according to a recent survey is high for OET takers compared to IELTS exam takers.
IELTS writing module examination is very tough with 2 writing tasks but OET writing module is much easier with the first one writing the task for e.g.: a referral letter.